Early Childhood Family Education
Early Childhood Family Education (E.C.F.E.) is a program for all families with children between the ages of birth and kindergarten enrollment. It recognizes that families provide children’s first and most important learning environments and parents are children’s first and most significant teachers. It is the mission of Early Childhood Family Education to strengthen families and support the ability of all parents to provide the best possible environment for the healthy growth and development of their children.
- Support parents in their efforts in raising healthy, happy children.
- Offer information on a variety of parenting techniques and skills, encouraging parents to apply those that are best suited to their individual needs.
- Help to create effective communication between parents and their children.
- Help parents understand the ages and stages in the development of young children.
- Promote positive self-esteem for both parents and children.
- Promote positive parental attitudes and involvement throughout their children’s school years.
- Help parents enjoy being together with their child.
- Help parents experience a sense of belonging and comradeship with other parents.
- Supplement the discovery and learning experiences of young children.
Wabasso E.C.F.E. Offers:
- Parent/Child classes – weekly classes for children who are birth – kindergarten enrollment and their parents
- Speakers and/or presentations
- Kindergarten Connection – classes for parents and children entering kindergarten the following fall
- Special one-time family fun events (gym nights, holiday activities, etc.)
- Field trips
- Parent Resource Lending Library
- Parent/Child Take-Home Activity Kits
- Sibling Care – child care for siblings of children enrolled in E.C.F.E. classes
- Day Care Home Visits – monthly visits to area family child care providers
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Phone: 507.342.5114 ext. 162